What is BUILT TO SAVE™?
BUILT TO SAVE™ (BTS) is a Program that awards “high-performance” certification to new homes built to energy-saving standards that are above code. The homes are inspected, tested, and guaranteed by an independent third-party HERS Rater to have met the Program’s qualifying criteria. A BTS home can save you money on utility bills than a similar home built to code
Benefits of the BUILT TO SAVE™ Program for Homebuyers
• Increased savings on utility bills.
• Energy efficiency that is at least 15% better than a similar home built to code.
• Consistent temperatures from room to room.
• Tight construction and controlled air filtration.
• Better indoor air quality.
• Properly-sized HVAC systems.
• A more comfortable home with properly installed insulation.
• Better resale value.
Qualifying Criteria for Built to Save™ Certification
• Builder and RESNET Certified Rater must be registered with the BTS Program.
• Builder and Rater must be registered with a participating utility company if applicable.
• Rater must perform a pre-drywall and a final inspection of the home.
• Home must have a HERS score of 63 or below, or 15% or more energy efficient than code to qualify.
• Construction must meet or exceed 2015 IECC levels.
• The BTS compliance checklists must be completed, verified, and submitted by Rater.
For more information:
Call: (956) 971-9700