What is BUILT TO SAVE™?
BUILT TO SAVE™ is a voluntary, energy efficiency certification program that identifies new homes built to outperform similar homes built only to minimum building code requirements. BUILT TO SAVE™ certified homes are inspected and tested by an independent third-party RESNET certified energy rater and are guaranteed by the rater to have met the strict requirements of the program.
Benefits of the BUILT TO SAVE™ Program for Homebuyers
• Increased savings on utility bills.
• Energy efficiency that is at least 15% better than a similar home built to code.
• Consistent temperatures from room to room.
• Tight construction and controlled air filtration.
• Better indoor air quality.
• Properly-sized HVAC systems.
• A more comfortable home with properly installed insulation.
• Better resale value.
Qualifying Criteria for BUILT TO SAVE® Certification
• Builder and RESNET Certified Rater must be registered with the BTS Program.
• Builder and Rater must be registered with a participating utility company if applicable.
• Rater must perform a pre-drywall and a final inspection of the home.
• Home must have a HERS score of 63 or below to qualify.
• Construction must meet or exceed 2015 IECC levels.
• The BTS compliance checklists must be completed, verified, and submitted by Rater.